[Dixielandjazz] Attracting The Young Kids

Ric Giorgi ricgiorgi at sympatico.ca
Tue May 13 05:26:58 PDT 2008

I have to agree with Jim Kashishian on this one. People like to
discover new (to them) things, music being no exception. I stray
into doing turn-of-the-century (19th), Gordon Lightfoot, Thelonius
Monk, Celtic, original and others' music.

The audience reaction is always favourable and we sometimes get
comments like 'what a great song, why haven't I heard it before?'
from both younger and older audience members.

Ric Giorgi

Ricardo Giorgi
Rainbow Gardens Music
Toronto ON