[Dixielandjazz] Some Thoughts on Adding More Recent Music to OKOM Bands - was Igor's Question

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon May 12 15:44:35 PDT 2008

In general, I agree.
I come from the other side - the listener.  I like to hear things I do
NOT recognize, which means - songs of today.  The only Beatles song I
know from the Beatles is "Yellow Submarine" - I took my son to see the
film.  All the other Beatles songs I know I've heard played by jazz
bands - Kenny Ball, Basie, etc.
There is one point on which I beg to disagree - amplification.  I do
not remember the pre-amplification days - in the mid-fifties
everything woa amplified (but not overly so) .  Still, the shows I
remember as best were acoustic; I much prefer it that way, not for
nostalgia reason, but for reasons of reasonable volume.
Cheers