[Dixielandjazz] Adding more recent music . . . was Igor's question

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon May 12 08:39:22 PDT 2008

>  "John Wilder" <JohnWilder at Comcast.net> wrote (polite snip)
>
> I wanted to voice my opinion about Igor's question regarding OKOM
> bands
> adding some more modern music to our playlists, since I haven't seen
> many

WELL SAID John.

Said with the same expertise with which John plays OKOM jazz piano. I
had the good fortune to work with him once in my life and I've not yet
forgotten how well he plays. Yeah, that pretty much nails this thread
shut, John, well said indeed.

Perhaps it will encourage the further exploration of new tune
Dixieland by some bands while not pissing off the musical
archeologists too much.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.barbonestreet.com