[Dixielandjazz] International Sock Monkey

Kathleen Cavera kcavera at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 6 19:08:24 PDT 2008

Hello Everyone -
I'm finished with my tour of "Josephine" and back in
California.  I hope to see a lot of you at the
Sacramento Jazz Festival.  I'll be there with the
'Hayriders' so please come by and say 'hi' if you get
a chance.  I want to say 'thank you' again to everyone
for helping me to find great jazz venues and musicians
in France.  I've made two short films documenting my
stay in Paris.  One is called "Out My Window" and for
the soundtrack I used the Bobby Gordon Sextet
recording of "If I Could Be With You One Hour Tonight"
(that's me on guitar with Bobby).   The second one is
called International Sock Monkey (Le Singe Voyageur en
Chausette).  For a few brief seconds in the film
you'll see me playing in the pit during "Josephine".
Well, actually you just see the tuners and neck of my
banjo because I had the camera on my music stand
filming the action onstage behind me.  Still - it
gives you a nice little snapshot of our show and you
can see our star Nicolle as Josephine dancing in her
bananas.  The soundtrack to 'Sock Monkey' features
Europe's Society Orchestra playing "Trés Moutarde /
Too Much Mustard". Both films can be found on my
YouTube page at: http://www.youtube.com/kcavera
Merci!
- Katie