[Dixielandjazz] Central Delaware Jazz /Blues & BBQ Festival

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu May 1 06:30:39 PDT 2008

Dear Marek:

Must be a huge cultural gap between us if that's what you read into
it. Killen's Pond is a beautiful state park in Delaware. The event is
family oriented. There are all kinds of kids activities in addition to
music. It is typical of numerous municipal cultural and entertainment
events here in the Eastern USA. It will be a friendly, fun filled
gathering of people and musicians

As I said , it also includes different (from OKOM) jazz genres and
mentioned Cyrus Chestnut. If you do not know who he is, look him up
on  google. Also, check the website for complete musical descriptions
of other performers. (BLUES & JAZZ) Yes, Barbone Street is the only
OKOM band at this festival. and we are quite pleased to share the
spotlight with Cyrus Chestnut and the others.

Regarding your own personal dislike of most popular music, I can
understand it. But I also would put forth that jazz and/or music is
constantly changing and that denying the value of the current forms is
a pointless exercise in "I don't  I like it therefore it sucks.".
Made worse by the apparent fact that in this case, you have never
heard the work of the other musicians involved.

I'm hoping the audience consists of folks just like you. Then they
will be happy to discover OKOM and we will have succeeded once again
in positively increasing the audience for OKOM instead of crying "woe
is me" about a misperceived poor state of the music and its lack of
audience.

Read the website for details: http://www.dejazzbluesfest.com

Cheers,
Steve Barbone