[Dixielandjazz] Help - need Scottish hymns for funeral tomorrow

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Mon Mar 31 07:44:59 PDT 2008

Charlie: The Bonnie Banks of Loch Lomand. It mentions the high road and
the low road.
This represents life - high road - and death - low road. It was a
farewell from a prisoner about to be executed after the Jacobite
rebellion, saying to a friend who was not to be put to death --" you'll
take the high road and I'll take the low road, and I'll be in Scotland
before you...meaning allegorical heaven. While not a true hymn, it has a
similar meaning and might be suited.
Otherwise, I'd suggest getting a hold of a Presbyterian hymn book.
Don Ingle