[Dixielandjazz] Firemen in Japan

Don Gumpert dongumpert at cox.net
Wed Mar 26 07:51:48 PDT 2008

Ginny,
I don't know anyone else except the banjoist and the horn player.  Mike
Fulton played trumpet with the Dukes of Dixieland for quite a while and when
Lee asked him about the Japan gig, Mike jumped at the idea.  I don't know
any of the others but, both Lee and Mike are dear friends of mine and having
a great time.  Of course, with their height, they certainly stand out in any
crowd!  Lee was with Rosie O'Grady's band in both Pensacola and Orlando for
a number of years.
Sandy Gumpert
Fort Walton Beach, FL