[Dixielandjazz] Audientor or audentior

Gerard Bielderman gerard.bielderman at tiscali.nl
Fri Mar 21 06:23:49 PDT 2008

Help wanted.
Acker Bilk - as a member of Johnny Bastable's Chosen Six - recorded in 1957
a track composed by the trumpeter of the session, Derek Saunders. It was
originally issued on the 77 label as AUDENTIOR MARCH. Right now Lake Records
has released a double CD "Vintage Acker Bilk" (LACD257) and here the
spelling is: AUDIENTOR MARCH. Note the difference!
I've searched on the internet in English dictionaries but both spellings are
unknown!
Who can solve this "problem" and tell me what the word means? Has it
something to do with an audience?

Gerard Bielderman
Leie 18
8032 ZG  ZWOLLE
Netherlands
Publisher of jazz discographies
http://home.telfort.nl/tradjazz

--
Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter.
Download de gratis SPAMfighter via deze link: http://www.spamfighter.com/lnl