[Dixielandjazz] Jazzin Baby - Was What Jazz Is...

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 19 18:49:17 PDT 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 8:31 PM, Glen Page wrote:

> Steve,
>
> I have not had time to read all of this post, should be very
> interesting.
>
> My reason for responding is that it arrived in my "Junk mail"
> folder. Seems
> that the earliest connotation to the world "Jazz" is still alive and
> well. I
> have tried to eliminate the crap from my computer that suggests that
> I can
> obtain Nirvana by purchasing various potions that will enlarge my
> flaccid
> member and seems that the word "Jazz" triggered this response.
>
> Who says that jazz appreciation is in decline? Perhaps the now
> famous lady
> in the New York scandal is a "jazzin' baby from back home".
>
> Cheers,
>
> Glen.

Hi Glen:

That famous NYC "workin girl" and wannabe singer, has a myspace page
with a tune that is downloadable for 98 cents or so. Word is that she
will soon be a millionaire from the multitude of downloads that are
happening. She is indeed a "Jazzin Baby" who I, for one,  hope will
not get "The Jazz Me Blues."

I also notice in the world of myspace that there are now quite a few
phony sites that use her name and picture and offer downloads. No
doubt the counterfeiters will also profit, unless myspace shuts them
down.

Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband

PS: Of course Luis "knows" her. For what is the definition of
gynecologist?  "A Spreader of old wives tails" Don't shoot the
messenger, my cousin, a gynecologist, who emigrated here from South
Africa told me that.