[Dixielandjazz] 2nd Short Question - actually 2 short questions...

Steve Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 18 05:48:31 PDT 2008

Good Morning to all!

First, thanks SO much for all the serious AND funny (sure helps brighten my
day) replies about Australia (I'll let you know the details when I get a
firm offer...)

Now, first question, I've been singing "Riverboat Shuffle" for years and I
just realized I had NO idea what I was singing when it came to one small
section of the lyrics!  Does anybody know what it means when they wrote:

"Come alligator that band..."

Now for a much more important question:

I use an MP3 player (Creative Zen Touch) when I work (Yes, everybody wants
me to sound like a 20 piece band, so I'm stuck playing along with records,
essentially...), and because I'm 62 with presbyopia (I need reading
glasses...) I am continually putting on and taking off my glasses to read
the small display, so I can pick out the next song to play...

Does anybody have a solution???  I've thought about wearing one contact for
magnification, but I'm afraid of headaches with two different focal lengths.
I just wish there was a MP3 player that had a bigger or adjustable display,
or an add on device that would attach to the MP3 player to magnify the
display.  Any thoughts???

Thanks in advance and, as always,
ALL the Best,

Steve Heist