[Dixielandjazz] FW: djml storage

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 15 18:58:55 PDT 2008

OK, a little extra digging, and here's a way.  It's easy to convert
files within Windoze, just right click on an audio file (this is in XP,
by the way) and a menu with an option to Convert This File will appear.
(say "AAAMEN!!")
          sound quality certainly suffers, but it may be worth it.
Again, I'll go through and delete audio tracks periodically, just to avoid the appearance of P2P type transferring.  I'll try to give a track no more than a week on the site.

My intent is for us to post audio tracks in the group in order to discuss specific tracks, and promote them to each other with the idea of encouraging the purchase of a CD.

First in is "Panama", recorded in 1982 at the St Louis Ragtime and Classic Jazz Festival on the Goldenrod Showboat.  Original Salty Dogs, with Ernie Carson (whole album) and Turk Murphy and others from his band (no one seems to know just who...certainly a 3rd cornet (Bob Schulz??) and maybe another clarinet (Lynn Zimmer??)

This is, far and away, my favorite cut of anything ever recorded in the OKOM vein, and just maybe from any genre.  I've gone through 2 cassette copies of it, to the point they've both become all but useless, and now have the CD.

The CD was originally called "Live On The Goldenrod Showboat" but is now called "Live And Incredible".

It is just that.  enjoy!

steve 'stretching the limits" hoog