[Dixielandjazz] Rice Horns

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Thu Mar 13 10:37:54 PDT 2008

A friend gave me a valve bone this morning that he had bought at a show for $100.  He's a great trumpet player that occasionally doubles on valve bone.  He compared it to his Conn and said it wasn't as good. (no kidding).  He wasn't using it so he gave it to me.

Anyway it's of fairly good workmanship, looks great and plays pretty well in tune for a valve bone.  The voice is a little small but I'm not a trombone player so it may be me.  It has a nice mellow tone.

The case is a little cheesy but the horn its self seems to be OK.

I was wondering if anyone else had come across a horn like this.  The brand is in some kind of Asian characters and has the letters JB in the logo above the Asian characters.

Hey come on guys the price was right.

Anyone know anything about this horn?
Larry
StL