[Dixielandjazz] C sax

ballen ballen at deltapathology.com
Mon Mar 10 12:49:27 PDT 2008

I recently got a C melody which was through Katrina and was COMPLETELY
rebuilt, looks like a new horn.

I like it, it plays better in tune than my tenor (also a New Orleans horn).

I believe that the problem w/ most C melodies is that they are being played
with either tenor or alto mpcs, if used with a correct mpc they should not
be any more out of tune than a comparable quality alto or tenor.

My opinion, your mileage may vary
bill allen