[Dixielandjazz] Music for Dancing

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Sun Mar 9 10:58:50 PDT 2008

Very nice website.  It tells everything in a few well placed words - good
photos.  This is a great description of the band and others could take some
lessons on how to write a good, easy to read description of their band.

Now all you need is a couple of sound clips and you will have a real selling
tool.  I direct people to my website in my advertising and I am finding that
people are coming pre-sold on me and the band before I even talk to them.
That's a great asset.  I have booked several jobs directly from my website -
all by e-mail and the page that asks them to describe what they want.  Not
everyone will use such a page but some will.  Saves a lot of time explaining
what you do etc.  One of my jobs near the end of last year was booked 100%
via internet.  Two e-mails and I sent out a contract.

If you don't know how to do sound clips you treat them like you would a
photo or a page to be clicked on except it directs them to a tune not a
page.

My webpage has been worth it's weight (do web pages weigh anything?) -- The
cost is low and the initial setup is time consuming but maintenance isn't.

Good luck on your webpage - A lot of this new age stuff is becoming
necessary.  Who would have thought that you would need 21st Century skills
to sell 100 year old music.

I think it's neat that musicians who are playing OKOM are becoming more
aggressive in selling to the public and are starting to present in an
interesting, fun way what they do.
Larry
St.Louis