[Dixielandjazz] Song words/music corection

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sat Mar 8 19:26:40 PST 2008

The morning DJ on a San Francisco radio station (Tery McGovern)  also
used this as his closing theme in the late 1970s. It was done by
Soupy Sales in 1972, but Irving Taylor wrote it and did his own
version in 1958.

Good luck on sheet music!

Dave Richoux

Pachalafaka
http://www.themadmusicarchive.com/song_details.aspx?SongID=8077

Pachalafaka, pachalafaka
they whisper it all over Turkey
pachalafaka, pachalafaka
it sounds so romantic and perky
oh I know that phrase
will make me thrill always
for it reminds me of you, my sweet
just the mention of
that tender word of love
gives my heart a jerkish Turkish beat

I won't say c'est bon
or l'amour toujours
for they can't express what I'm feeling
even maresydoats or
other foreign quotes
don't seem to be quite so appealing
but pachalafaka! pachalafaka!
takes me back with you to passionate desert scenes
and it's there we'll stay
till the very day
we find out what pachalafaka means
we find out what pachalafaka means!