[Dixielandjazz] Song words/music

Bill Hildebrandt whildebrandt at att.net
Sat Mar 8 18:36:29 PST 2008

Some years ago, one of our popular early morning radio programs (it
might have been the Bob Steele show) played a novelty ditty which
started (as I remember it) something like this (the "ch" sound as in the
German "ach".)

Acha-nachi-ta, Acha-nachi-ta, they're singing it all over turkey,
Acha-nachi-ta, Acha-nachi-ta, it sounds so romantic and perky, ....

Does anyone have the correct words and maybe even a lead sheet for this gem?
I believe it was on the air around the time when "Winchester Cathedral"
was popular (if that is the proper word) (:-)

Bill Hildebrandt
The New Farmington River Royal Ragtime Ramblers
Simsbury, CT