[Dixielandjazz] Music for dancing - tempos

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Sat Mar 8 09:35:32 PST 2008

My wife is making me take dancing lessons and I asked the instructor for a
list of dance tempos.  It seems that there are a couple of classifications
depending on your dance skill and also if it's European or US.  It has
metronome markings for a large number of dance styles.

I have it in a pdf file and will send it to anyone who wants it.

BTW ballroom dancers are very picky about tempos.  A lot of them don't care
if you are any good or not but can you hold the correct tempo.

Just a suggestion to drummers is get a metronome that will blink.   A lot of
the new metronomes are digital and you have to punch in the time.  This
isn't much good.  You want one with a knob on the front that you can just
quickly dial a speed.

Larry
StL