[Dixielandjazz] Two cornet arrangement of Tuck Me to Sleep

Chris Tyle jazzchops at isp.com
Fri Mar 7 17:53:56 PST 2008

Regarding the Frisco Syncopators recording, I don't think we had an
arrangement. Most of the time when I'm playing in a two cornet ensemble,
the second cornet part is improvised, either by myself of the other
cornet/trumpet player. Only on rare occasions are specific parts written
out. I believe the only time I played in a two horn band where there
were actual parts were bands using the Watters' charts, which are NOT
meant to be slavishly followed (the second cornet, clarinet and trombone
parts, that is).

Cheers,
Chris Tyle