[Dixielandjazz] lyrics to "Irish Black Bottom"

Robert Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Jun 26 11:53:05 PDT 2008

Listmates,

Recently there was some discussion of the lyrics to Irish Black Bottom.
There were lyrics sung on the early Armstrong recording.  However, Bob (Red)
Helm is given credit for the lyrics in some fake books.

Below is a reply from Vince Saunders.  For those of you who don't know,
Vince was the leader of the very fine South Frisco JB for many, many years.

--Bob Ringwald