[Dixielandjazz] FW: A Night At Nick's on Riverwalk Jazz

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Jun 26 00:34:44 PDT 2008

>The atmosphere of Nick's in the Village, and the exhilarating music made
there, lives on, in the fond memories of fans.

Mopo wrote the above about Nicks.  The above sentence reminded me of
something I noted once when we played a local Jazz Festival.  We had been
there at the first festival, and again for the 30th.  During the 30th, I
asked the audience of approx 1,500 people who had been there with us 30 yrs
ago, and about half raised their hands.

Think about the many fans who may have asked their sweetheart for their hand
in marriage, or had their first kiss, or met their now best friend during
your gig....that special song becoming an important moment in their
lives.....  How 'bout the kid who gets turned on to a life of music after
hearing the band?  Etc., etc.

I know I'm just a romantic, but I do believe our music has an effect on
those who hear us, and musicians should keep that in mind when playing.
It's just another gig for us, but may be a very special moment for many
others.

Jim