[Dixielandjazz] Fw: July 4th. Music

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Wed Jun 25 15:48:08 PDT 2008

Opened a couple of programs at retirement center this season  singing, "This
Is My Country", short pause, modulated and changed tempo to  medley into
American Patrol.  Worked well--plan to do it a few more times  including a couple
of gigs on the 4th.  Also Battle Hymn always a  favorite.  We jazz up some
simple childhood tunes like Buffalo Gals,  Comin' Round the Mountain', Darlin'
Clemintine, Workin' On Railroad talk  about US history as it relates to these
tunes.  Those go into a medley also  and are loved as sing a longs.  This Land Is
Your Land.  America the  Beautiful
Ginny

In a message dated 6/25/2008 2:19:14 P.M. Central Daylight Time,