[Dixielandjazz] Could James Morrison play Dixieland?

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 23 07:51:57 PDT 2008

I was was just "supposin" Marek. But then, Dixieland is a relatively
easy form of music to play if one is a jazz player. Those wizards who
play it convincingly (in my ears) include. Marsalis, Sandoval, and
probably Morrison. I've heard a lot of his playing. He is not only a
technical genius, but he swings his ass off. Dixieland for him?A piece
of cake.

You heard him play excellent lead on the clip Bob posted. Since there
are a lot of Dixieland trumpeters who only play lead and then don't
improvise or solo, what else need he do?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone