[Dixielandjazz] "Plain Old Me" (WAS:Song request)

Craig I. Johnson civanj at roadrunner.com
Sat Jun 14 05:56:58 PDT 2008

The original e-mail to Dick included an attachment. But you could use this
note
to find the "clip".

Dick,
It's not even in the complete "Anderson", but here is a clip (attached)
that I downloaded from http://cdbaby.com/cd/waynepowers  (CD BABY)
of a CD by Wayne Powers which is sufficiently complete to get the
words, chords and "dots" if you can transcribe it. (I can't do the "chords"
part
by ear.)

 I just looked at the attachment. It looks to short to be an actual mp3
file,
but may operate as a "link". If it doesn't work for you, go to the link
above
and play it from the web page.

It's a neat little piece.

Craig Johnson
On 6/13/2008 7:37:36 AM, Dick Sleeman (dick at sleeman.nl) wrote:
> My good friend Ernst gave me the title: "Plain Old Me".
>
> Now can anybody help me with a lead sheet? I don't have it in my
> incomplete
> version of Anderson.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dick
>
> dick at sleeman.nl
>
> > In a clip about Louis Prima on YouTube:
> >
> > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Urw6e0aCDJc&feature=related
> >
> > after about 25% of the playing time, where the situation moves to New
> > Orleans,
> > there is a song in the background that has the lyrics:"I like it here
> > where I
> > am, just letting everything be ..."
> >
> > Could anybody help me to the title (and maybe a lead sheet..)?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dick Sleeman

> My good friend Ernst gave me the title: "Plain Old Me".
>
> Now can anybody help me with a lead sheet? I don't have it in my
> incomplete
> version of Anderson.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dick
>
> dick at sleeman.nl
>
>> In a clip about Louis Prima on YouTube:
>>
>> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Urw6e0aCDJc&amp;feature=related
>>
>> after about 25% of the playing time, where the situation moves to New
>> Orleans,
>> there is a song in the background that has the lyrics:"I like it here
>> where I
>> am, just letting everything be ..."
>>
>> Could anybody help me to the title (and maybe a lead sheet..)?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Dick Sleeman

7:13 AM