[Dixielandjazz] Artist Demographics.

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Jun 13 13:39:56 PDT 2008

It wouldn't blow my mind at all.

 snip "Musicians" who play for little or nothing deserve their pittance.

I wouldn't care what anyone gets except that it damages all musicians and me
personally when people are giving away what I am trying to sell.

For you civil war buffs this is the exact same reason why the workers in the
North couldn't tolerate slavery and why you can't have it in a free
enterprise system.

The exact same forces are at work in the music community today.  You have
one group trying to sell their labor and talent at a fair price while there
are those who are giving it away free and are slaves to their desire to be
cool.
Larry
STL