[Dixielandjazz] Listening with Windows Media.

Don Robertson jdrobertson at att.net
Thu Jun 5 14:13:45 PDT 2008

Thanks Andy,

I am aware there's lots of stuff going on in background, but never
thought about who the culprits might be, and didn't consider that Real
Player might be a major culprit.  I had trouble with Real Player when I
upgraded to version 11, to take advantage of the ability to download
from YouTube.  Once I got the set up sorted out with some help from
their support forum, it has worked OK.  In the interim I used Windows
Media Player, but as I said before, it refused to accept a pause command
when I clicked on the pause button.

My pet peeve is MS Office's "nanny warnings" especially in mail merge
when it wants to know if "I really want to open such and such data base"
every time I open a mail merge document.  I wish I knew if they could be
turned off.

Don Robertson