[Dixielandjazz] [australian-dance-bands] Scott Yanow's Reply

Robert Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Wed Jul 30 17:11:13 PDT 2008

Listmates,  Here is a reply from Scott.

 Hi Bob,

Actually rather than 521 jazz singers, there have been 5,000. It's just that
there are 521 great ones.

Probably a dozen or two of the 521 are not necessarily jazz (like Frank
Sinatra, Tony Bennett and some of the swing era big band singers) since I
was very inclusive. But I think you'd enjoy at least 200 of them. I do
include Clancy Hayes, Jack Teagarden, Pat Yankee, Banu Gibson and singers
like that along with the more modern-styled ones.

And of course swing was jazz though not all big bands of that era were swing
groups.

 Best,

Scott