[Dixielandjazz] The Conductor

Robert Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sat Jul 26 16:00:45 PDT 2008

A conductor became ill before a concert one evening and the orchestra
had to find an emergency substitute conductor immediately.  The only
person in the orchestra with any conducting experience was the 2nd
trombone player.   He bravely and meticulously conducted the concert and
it was a tremendous success.

The regular conductor had recovered  by the next night and was back on
the job.  As the trombone player took his seat in the orchestra, the 1st
trombone player turned to him  and said, "So, where were you last night?"

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
Aboard Holland America Amsterdam
Jazzsea Cruise to Alaska
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band

Hear our new CD at:
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm

 "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or
a politician. And to
tell the truth, there's hardly any difference. I, for one, believe the piano
player job to be much more honorable than current politicians."  --Harry
Truman