[Dixielandjazz] Expat

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Jul 26 00:25:03 PDT 2008

Dear Expatriate: Perhaps an avian  translation is needed: are the
"pidgeons" you mentioned a Spanish species, or are they like the
"pigeons" we have in Yankeeland? Just a bit curious.
Don

Don, our pidgeons are just as nasty as yours.  You don't want to park your
car under where they sleep, believe me!

As far as the "Expat" thing goes, I know you didn't mean anything by it, and
in fact properly used, that word explains what I am.  However, the
connotation is that of one who "left" his home country due to not being
happy with...well, politics, or whatever.

In my case, I was "sent" to Spain by my country while in the U.S. Air Force
Bands, and just never really got around to going back!  I know it's a fine
line, but I really don't like to be included in the Expat thing. I may be
quite "Pro-Spain", but that doesn't necessarily mean I am "anti-U.S.".

Just to clear things up.

Cheers, Jim