[Dixielandjazz] Jo Stafford - NY TIMES OBIT

Don Robertson jdrobertson at att.net
Sun Jul 20 08:49:08 PDT 2008

I too grew up in Long Beach.  I always heard rumors that Jo Stafford had
a Long Beach connection, that she sometimes visited her parents there,
so now it's confirmed. I'd also heard that Spike Jones had a Long Beach
connection, but never knew about that.  I did go to high school with
eventual opera star Marilyn Horne.

Don Robertson