[Dixielandjazz] possible venue for OKOM

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Thu Jul 17 21:05:33 PDT 2008

Joe,
That is one neat story.  Thanks for giving the list the benefit of  your
ideas and experience.
Ginny

In a message dated 7/17/2008 5:06:02 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
jazzclarinet at cox.net writes:

The  museum charged $8.00 admission, 30% went to the museum and 70% to the
band.  They set up chairs for 180 people hoping for the best. They also set up a
wine  and cheese bar in the lobby area.

260 people showed up, as they  frantically set up more chairs.....it was the
largest crowd this tiny museum  had ever seen for any event. We got a long
lasting standing ovation as we  finished playing Struttin With

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.