[Dixielandjazz] Another Woody Review

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Fri Jul 4 02:21:05 PDT 2008

Bob Ringwald wrote on 03/07/2008 23:49:23:

>  >> Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com wrote:
> >>
> >> The problem is that if someone goes to see/hear Woody because it is
him
> >> and then thinks "If that's dixieland I don't like it". They wont
> >> seek out any other bands. And that hurts OKOM.

...Snip..

> Steve Barbone answers:
>
>  > That's a very big "IF". Why take the negative?
> (snip)
>
> Steve,
>
> Andy did not take the negative.  He gave two opposing points of view.
Then
> he followed them by saying
>
> (snip)
> >> I'm not commenting on whether Woody does or does not play well.
> >> I've not heard him.
> (snip)
>
> Sounds pretty straight forward to me.  Not negative.

Well at least Bob saw my point :-)

Steve, you said :-
> So if they come to see/hear Woody Allen, how does that hurt OKOM?

I was just pointing out a possible way it could hurt OKOM.

I have no idea if it does, but IF he's as bad as some seem to
make out, it could. Many have sited the plethora of poor
amateur bands helping turn people off OKOM. So it could happen.

Andy Ling

--

This e-mail is intended for the named addressees only. Its contents may be
privileged or confidential and should be treated as such. If you are not