[Dixielandjazz] a fan at any rate

Jessie Berne georgiarose at fuse.net
Thu Jul 3 17:24:08 PDT 2008

I think, in response to all the hoopla about Woody Allen, that he is a truly
respectable musician, and one humble enough  not to deceive anyone in
believing he's on par with the jazz greats.

What he brings to this music is his undying appreciation for it and
whole-hearted desire to be immersed in it. This energized spirit prevails
far and above what some might call his amateur clarinet playing.

And it is with such sincere love, I think, that he proves this music
worthwhile to a crowd of any age. Anyone who respects Woody Allen as a voice
and not just an actor (he really was so much more), could see the value of
his performance beyond the notes that he plays.

He is acting as a proponent of this music and is bringing crowds in by the
droves. The public has shouted approval simply in purchasing tickets.

~ Jessie Berne