[Dixielandjazz] Another Woody Review

Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com Andy.Ling at Quantel.Com
Thu Jul 3 10:33:50 PDT 2008

Steve Barbone wrote on 03/07/2008 18:01:24:

> Here is another Woody review. Note especially the last paragraph. As
> to whether his brand of jazz hurts or helps OKOM, we might ponder this
> question, Is it better If lots of folks will come to see him, or
> better if nobody comes to hear a band that we OKOM aficionados like?

Snip.....

> So if they come to see/hear Woody Allen, how does that hurt OKOM? If
> they come to see/hear Preservation Hall how does that hurt OKOM?

The problem is that if someone goes to see/hear Woody because it is him
and then thinks "If that's dixieland I don't like it". They wont
seek out any other bands. And that hurts OKOM.

If Woody plays high energy good jazz then he might encourage
more people to search out more OKOM.

I'm not commenting on whether Woody does or does not play well.
I've not heard him.

Andy Ling

--

This e-mail is intended for the named addressees only. Its contents may be
privileged or confidential and should be treated as such. If you are not