[Dixielandjazz] EMI to cut One Third of its employees - Producing Recordings

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon Jan 28 11:40:07 PST 2008

In the late 80s I recorded an album at A&M Records in Los Angeles.  It took
us about 15 hours to do an excellent LP.

When we were done, a Rock band had the studio booked for 6-months, 24 hours
a day to do an LP.  I have often thought about what I could produce if I
were giving a budget that included 6-months in a recording studio...

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
See our new CD, www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

"I can resist everything except temptation."  --Oscar Wilde, 1854 - 1900