[Dixielandjazz] Charlie Barnett

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:10:45 PST 2008

I wonder.
Goodman had "his own sound," but did his band?  Same goes for Dorsey -
his band's sound changed when he engaged Cy Oliver.  Still, Dorsey's
might have been the best white band.  True, I listen to BG and Shaw
much more, but both the leaders were among the very best jazzmen, and
neither had a vical group to go with it!  The only white band I know
that had "its own sound" was Miller's, but it wasn't always very
jazzy.
Cheers