[Dixielandjazz] The Release - Channel - Bridge etc.

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 21 07:39:24 PST 2008

Dear Rebecca:

Most popular songs of the American Songbook are in AABA format. Each
letter often representing 8 bars or measures. The A sections are all
the same chord changes and mostly the same melody.

The B section is the turnaround, or bridge or release, which connects
the A sections together. Way to hear it is to sing Ain't Misbehavin'
below.  A  Classic 32 bar tune, AABA each being 8 bars.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

No one to talk with,
All by myself,
No one to walk with, 				1st A SECTION
But I'm happy on the shelf
Ain't misbehavin',
I'm savin' my love for you

I know for certain,
The one I love,
I through with flirtin',				2nd A SECTION
It's just you I'm thinkin' of.
Ain't misbehavin',
I'm savin' my love for you

Like Jack Horner in the corner
Don't go no where,
What do I care,					RELEASE (Bridge etc)
Your kisses are worth waitin' for		(B SECTION)
Be-lieve me

I don't stay out late,
Don't care to go,
I'm home about eight,