[Dixielandjazz] Scratchy Grooves

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 19 09:09:28 PST 2008

Fr M J (Mike) Logsdon wrote:

>Hey, Steve!  I've been emailing with John, and he is indeed the best of
>eggs.  He's going to attempt re-posting the first program to see if what
>I found wrong disappears.  Otherwise, he's onward and upward with the
>remaining zillion tapes!

>I've more or less committed to cleaning up the tape hiss for him,
>thereby making them even more enjoyable, but in the meantime, what he
>offers is more than historically and musically great.  But, of course,
>I'm preaching to the choir!

Yeah Mike, John is a stand up guy. Thank you for writing him and for your
work to clean up the scratchy grooves. It is a treat to hear that great
music, from the original 78s.

For those who may have missed the web site of these radio shows, see:

http://www.scratchygrooves.com/

Re "preaching to the choir", hey, we're all sinners, no? <grin>

Cheers,
Steve Barbone