[Dixielandjazz] Tenor band

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri Jan 18 11:27:04 PST 2008

Larry wrote:
and there was a Tenor band that was from Kansas City I believe performing.
The tenor band had an interesting sound and was pretty popular for awhile.

I gather, Larry, that you are referring to what we used in the Air Force
Bands:
3 saxes, trumpet, trombone & rhythm section?

I used some great arrangements I found in my Air Force Band library at March
AFB in California.  That would have been 1961!  I formed a Tenor band using
these arrangements & we worked the on-Base clubs...The Top Hats! The sound
of that formation is quite nice.  Can't remember who did the arrangements,
but they must have been stock for the AFBs then.

Jim