[Dixielandjazz] Pete Candoli NY Times Obit (Prostate Cancer)

Mike C. mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Thu Jan 17 11:51:14 PST 2008

As an African American who will be hitting 40 within the next 5 years,
prostate health is of prime importance for me. African Americans seem to
be more susceptible to the disease.  I take saw palmetto as part of a
multi vitamin supplement. Most of avoiding cancer is regular checkups,
proper diet(especially one rich in fruits and vegetables) and knowing
what to look out for. It also helps to take a good quality multivitamin.

Ask for a prostate exam at least once per year at your regular physical
checkups.

Another part of musicianship is being sure your main axe, your health,
is in good shape.

Mike