[Dixielandjazz] Jim Cullum video with Bria Skonberg

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Wed Jan 16 13:42:55 PST 2008

List mates,

Hurray for Jim Cullum making use of the internet and Google video to promote
his band and traditional jazz in general. The professionally-done e-news
from the Cullum Band is really impressive to me, and I would like to see
more musicians using the internet in a similar way to promote their music.

Seeing Bria in the interview portion (in the middle of the clip) and
noticing how she has matured as a person and a player, made me want to
emphasize to fans and musicians alike that kids don't stay kids forever;
they grow up and advance, and we need to respect them as professional adult
musicians, not kids we remember from adorable youth bands. It's hard, I
know, because it means we have to admit that if they have aged, so have we!

Great job to Don Mopsick and the Cullum Band for bringing jazz into the 21st
Century via the technology that can be a musicians' best friend.

Don is, of course, in this clip as well.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1890075033251754757

Love and hugs,
Nancy