[Dixielandjazz] EMI to cut One Third of its employees.

pj.ladd pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 16 11:07:03 PST 2008

Frankly, these big guys can't go fast enough for  me>>

I am sure that there is a lot in what you say but what about the charge that
artists haven`t been working very hard, don`t do enough work etc.
Such comments have brought outrage her in the UK with comments about
`creativity doesn`t run to a time table and so forth`

That may be true but when you think of the Big Bands playing a gig all
evening, going to a recording session and cutting a a couple of side and
then scrambling into the bus to get to another gig 500 miles away for the
next nights gig  it does seem a bit extreme when a group takes a couple of
years, or more to produce an album. That doesn`t seem like very hard work to
me. Perhaps some of them DO need a shake up.

Cheers

Pat