[Dixielandjazz] Bobby Kevin (was The Greatest Music Lesson)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jan 14 18:27:41 PST 2008

Dingo wrote:
> BBC Interactive (Freeview Ch 301) showed a Barber clip from 1957 on
> 27/12/07.
> "Steamboat Bill" (with Ottilie) and "High Society". The drummer on
> these - according to the name on the bass drum - was Bobby Kevin, not
> a name I am familiar with.

Dear John,
Bobby Kevin is not in Brian Wood's 'The Song For Me', so can't be a
"real" jazz drummer.
8>)
I suspect that he may have been a studio man, as his 1956-66 recording
credits include his work with Don Harper  (Oz violinist), Dennis
Wilson, Sid Phillips (including the early band with Kenny Ball), Alan
Clare and George Chisholm.
Gerard Biederman will know.
Or perhaps Pat the Ladd.
Kind regards,