[Dixielandjazz] Damé Blanche

Craig I. Johnson civanj at roadrunner.com
Sun Jan 13 22:37:27 PST 2008

I believe this tune is "Dame Blanche", not "Damé Blanche"
====================
A google search also comes up with recordings by
Jack Teagarden & His Orch. (w/ Bob Wilber?) on
the album "The Sound of Dixieland" (Jazz Club label)
-- listing the "compositeur"  C.M. Bruyn
at: http://www.stazil/com
-- be careful, I got hung up on that page.
Also listed at www.universalmusic.fr
where he is named as Cees Bruyn in a list of the tunes
on the same album. elsewhere (Kees Bruyn)
It appears to have been actually recorded by: the following folks on June 4
or 6 1962
Bobby Hackett (cnt); Jack Teagarden (tb); Bob Wilber (cl); Bud Freeman (ts);
Hank Jones or Gene Schroeder (p); George Duvivier (b); George Wettling or Ed
Shaughnessy (d); Oliver Nelson (arr, cond).
and is listed with the following notation{ (62VK538)
The same recording by Teagarden et. al is also listed at  www.answers.com
on the album
"Pete Fountain Presents the Best of Dixieland"   on the Polygram lablel.
--- which is available (from the Louisiana Music Factory.)
Most pages I got ahold of were in the Dutch language.
Maybe one of our friends in the Netherlands can elaborate on Kees Bruyn
-- I did see his name listed as Tenor soloist of the month back in Feb 1957,
and he is listed in Tom Lord's discography as Kees Bruyn, 51, 1940-1972, ts,
arr. saxes, sax

Incidentally, John Birchall has a Band in a Box  file of this tune.

Regards,
Craig Johnson