[Dixielandjazz] Damé Blanche

billsharp sharp-b at clearwire.net
Sun Jan 13 18:32:25 PST 2008

Charlie Hull:  I know you read this news ("olds") letter.  I heard you
play this tune at the Sacramento Jazz meeting Sunday.. Can you tell me
anything about it? And is there a way to get a copy? Picture this -
-me on my knees at this very moment, typing this and begging for a
copy, if available.  (It's usually a position I take only when begging
my wife for anything, and from what I understand, at least from what a
lot of other fellows tell me, it's the same for them.)

Where did you originally come across such a beautiful tune?  It sounds
rather Sidney Buchet-ish.

May one day all rap music be replaced with OKOM,
Bill "chafed kneecaps" Sharp