[Dixielandjazz] The Indie Venue Guide

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 12 22:28:06 PST 2008

Some Bands may find the below directory, Indie Venue Guide, useful. You can
buy a region, e.g. Northeast US, for $26.00 or if you tour, the entire
directory (US and Canada) for $99. Here is their sales blurb, and website
(kindly passed along by Tom Wiggins) Jazz Venues have a light blue color
code should you check out the sample page on the site:

Cheers,
Steve Barbone

The Indie Venue Bible is a unique, comprehensive directory of live music
venues. It is in e-book format and lists 26,000 venues and 2000 booking
agents in the US and Canada. The listings are arranged by area, making it
easier for you to route and plan your tour.

As with any database, quality is of the utmost importance. To ensure current
and accurate information, we have scoured THOUSANDS of artists' gig pages
and local music calendars to provide you with the most up-to-date
information as is humanly possible

To make your life easier, we went a step further and researched which genres
of music each of these venues featured.

Once the genres of a venue were determined, that venue was then tagged with
a set of unique, colorful GENRE TAGS . These genre tags allow you to scroll
through The Indie Venue Bible and see instantaneously which venues in a
given area welcome your style of music.

http://www.indievenuebible.com