[Dixielandjazz] The Greatest Music Lesson - was drums

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jan 11 13:24:45 PST 2008

John Petters wrote [in part]:
> BBC 4 ran an old Six-Five-Special from 1957 last night. It had the
> Chris Barber Band. The best thing about it was Ottilie Patterson's
> singing. I don't know who was on drums, but it missed the right sound
> by miles.

Dear John,
In November 1957 the fine drummer Ron Bowden left the Chris Barber band
(to start a restaurant) having been with it from May 1954 and was
replaced by Graham Burbridge who came in from the Sandy Brown band.
Mr Burbridge was with Chris Barber until June 1976, then retired
musically.
Just a thought.
Very kind regards,
Bill.