[Dixielandjazz] audience applause

AL LEVY jazz_man at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jan 10 10:20:47 PST 2008

Then there was the American tenor who decided he was
so good that he'd visit Italy and sing some of the Italian
operas in some of the smaller Italian opera houses.
First performance - first aria he received a standing
ovation. "Bravo! Bravo! Encore! Enocore!" the crowd roared.

He respectfully obliged by repeating his performance of the
aria. "Bravo! Bravo! Encore! Enocore!" the crowd roared.

He respectfully obliged by repeating his performance of the
aria. "Bravo! Bravo! Encore! Enocore!" the crowd roared.

He respectfully obliged by repeating his performance of the
aria. "Bravo! Bravo! Encore! Enocore!" the crowd roared.
(Repeat these lines as many times as possible}

Finally he announced "Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you
all for that wonderful reception but I am afriad that my voice
is giving out. I hope you'll forgive me but I cannot sing
that araia again."

A voice from the rear of the hall - "Wrong! You'll sing it till
you do it right!"
- end of story - as told to me by Vittorio Giannini.

Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com