[Dixielandjazz] Check it out!

BillSargentDrums at aol.com BillSargentDrums at aol.com
Thu Jan 10 09:26:52 PST 2008

For those who wish to create new business, get more gigs, sell more CDs,
generate new fans, here's a heads up. (For those of you who are just fans and
like to listen, pay attention, you'll benefit too)

I've been doing this internet thing since the mid '90's with published web
page.

However, as the technology and uses are changing, I've been changing  too.

I've been using MySpace for a couple of years now for other purposes. But
with a new CD to sell, and using that as a tool to reach out worldwide, I have
committed to using all existing resources.

I have read others talk about MySpace and Facebook and they're right.

Right now, I have more avenues available than I've yet had time to exploit,
but with this new year, exploit I will. And I'll take you along on that
journey  (for those that wish). You'll want to keep a list of these sites, as there
will  be many, and you won't be able to get to each of them as quickly as you
might  wish. Take all the time necessary to develop each as you would wish,
and you can  evolve them from there.

See the possibilities that MySpace offers. Go to:

              myspace.com/billsargentbands

There are other features available on myspace that I have yet to utilize,
but plan to in the near future. As I add them, I'll bring them to your
attention, but for now, as it is, I have this site set up pretty well.

To produce results on these sites, you'll need a few things:

1. mp3s of your songs. Some of you may wish to post full versions, other  may
use samples from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. All these decisions will be
different for everyone. The mp3s should be between 128kbps and 256kbps. You can  go
higher but there will be a limit of file size in most cases.

The program that I find is most useful for all my general audio work is
Nero. Nero is a fantastic program! I can't recommend it enough. You can
accomplish just about anything with audio files, discs, video you  wish with Nero, and
they consistently update their program free.

2. The other thing you'll need is photos. You'll need to scan them and
reduce the file size for the web.The program I recommend for this is Photoshop
Elements. Not only can you do most anything you'll need to do to edit and fix
your photo as you wish, it has an extremely useful "Save For Web" feature that
reduces the file size.

On my "official" web site, I also have videos. I'm not posting videos on  the
"community" sites at this time . . . this will follow shortly, and I'll
discuss that when it happens too.

If any of this seems daunting, just let yourself go. Understand that you'll
make mistakes as you go, but you can fix anything.

I find it's best to research through the site and the FAQs first so I get a
feel of what is expected and how to go about it.

Hope someone out there finds this stuff helpful.

Bill
414-777-0100
myspace.com/billsargentbands
BillSargentBands.com

Just  released: "The Best Of Bill Sargent Bands - Volume 1"

Available at:  http://billsargentbands.com/recordings.htm