[Dixielandjazz] Lyrics

Bert Joss jaroberts at webtv.net
Wed Jan 9 13:30:07 PST 2008

Listmates, MKOM includes the Great American Songbook whether played by a
dixieland band or not. In particular I like  "clever" lyrics, including
false rhymes, internal rhymes, clever rhymes or whatever. I am trying to
develop a quiz, where one is asked to identify the tune and the lyricist
from snippets of chorus or verse. For example: 1. "gospel and poss'ble",
2. "Heaven rest us, and asbestos", 3."Mexico and Texaco", 4. "Turks do
it, Greeks do it, nice young men who sell antiques...", 5. " FLYing too
HIGH with some GUY in the SKY is my Idea...", 6."CRACK, and looked at
the TRACK, the one going BACK..."
     Identfy the above and add more!
     I'll work out a prize later on!
     Cheers,  Bert