[Dixielandjazz] Audience Noise During Concerts

Dan Augustine ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jan 9 12:00:57 PST 2008

     So what are we to conclude?  That's it is always perfectly fine
-- nay, _required_ -- to talk, belch, fart, rustle papers, stomp
feet, and make any kinds of noises you want, at any time, as loudly
as you want, at any kind of concert, anywhere, until nobody can hear
what's being played at all?  One may do this, then, because we've
heard anecdotal reports that the composer doesn't mind, and other
audience members don't mind?
     Here's another anecdotal report: Bullshit.

     Dan

**  Dan Augustine  --  Austin, Texas  --  ds.augustine at mail.utexas.edu
**             "O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet."
**                     -- St. Augustine (354-430)